Customer Success Advocate
About the Role
Edmodo is looking for an energetic, tech-savvy, passionate-about-education Customer Success Advocate to join our Development Rotation Program. You will have the opportunity to work with other teams such as Product, Design, QA, Community and Marketing!
You will be responsible for supporting and advocating for our growing user base of teachers, students, and parents! As a member of the Customer Success Team, this position will address all aspects of customer support: becoming a product expert, responding to incoming requests, troubleshooting problems, and delighting our users with prompt and helpful actions. As you crank through tickets in ZenDesk, you’ll exercise your passion for helping teachers succeed, and be part of an award-winning support team at the world’s largest K-12 social learning network.
You will also work to proactively support our users by developing self service resources for our Help Center, and contributing to the creation of team strategies and processes to help scale our support. Furthermore, as the person whose finger is on the pulse of the user-experience, you will help communicate the voice of the teacher to other internal teams.
Essential duties and Responsibilities: On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of the following:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Edmodo’s product and services; become a product expert
- Respond to varied support inquiries from teachers, students, and parents with helpful, timely, and polished responses.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and report technical issues to tech and product teams
- Produce support documentation and resources for the Edmodo Help Center
- Deliver product feedback and represent the teacher-perspective internally
- Develop and analyze processes to help our Success Team scale
- Help develop a Community of engaged Edmodo Ambassadors; actively empower power-users to spread their expertise and enthusiasm.
- Work on special projects as assigned - growth opportunities exist to work closely with product and marketing teams on a variety of projects
- Passion for K-12 education and/or customer support
- Excellent, clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to engage collaboratively in a dynamic, team environment; strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize responsibilities, and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Hard worker with a can-do attitude; willing to go the extra mile to support our users
- Ability to systematically and analytically solve problems
- Detail oriented; you don’t miss small things, and catch it when others do
- Self-motivated and proactive - do great work and with minimal supervision; you take ownership of your tasks without being asked
- Quick learner - eager and quick to pick up new skills and knowledge
- Web-savvy - you know you way around a computer, browsers, etc
- Empathetic - you can put yourself in our users shoes and turn their frustration in to delight
- Flexible - willing and able to put in extra hours during busy seasons to support our users
- BA/BS degree – experience or passion in education, customer service, or community building
- Experience or passion working in schools - classroom teaching experience ideal
- Experience or passion working in customer support or in ed-tech
- Experience or a passion working to engage or mobilize a community, e.g. working on a campaign
- Skilled in Excel or other data tools like SQL
- Video production skills
- Active participation in an online community
- Experience using Zendesk or a similar ticketing software
- Foreign language skills
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Back to top