Edmodo is out to change the world of K-12 education. Our team believes we can improve learning outcomes at scale with cutting edge software, and we are seeking like-minded developers with considerable Android experience to join us on this journey.
- Design, prototype and develop multiple Android apps in Android Studio
- Produce functional application components based on product specs communicated via wireframes, mockups, and Jira tickets
- Understand performance and stability issues at all levels of the app plus debugging and bug fixing
- Participate in code reviews, test your and your teammates' code to ensure robust application releases
- Work with backend teams to determine and ensure necessary backend functionality based on product requirements
- Use knowledge of latest-developments in Android to propose product improvements and efficient development strategies
- 3+ years of experience developing Android apps for the Play Store, including examples of apps currently available
- Deep familiarity with Android Studio including debugging and stepping through code plus using various build tools (e.g. Gradle)
- Experience in assessing and integrating appropriate 3rd party libraries to solve problems as needed
- Proper design knowledge of RESTful APIs and working with data retrieved via REST and parsing JSON
- Familiarity with Android best practices, common design patterns, and object-oriented design
- Implement layouts with XML to design specifications
- Experience using Services, AsyncTasks, and other techniques to manage multi-threaded applications
- Experience with Git
- Experience in the latest Android SDK features,
- Keeps up to date with the new Material Design practices
- Experience developing Push Notifications, Deep Linking, Share Intents, Integrating Ad Networks
- Experience with Firebase Cloud Messaging
- Experience using an ORM/SQLite3 database development
- Has published at least one Android app in the Play Store
- Startup experience a plus
A few perks and benefits to whet your appetite:
- Market competitive compensation package including stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for employees
- Coverage for disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Domestic partner coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Flexible time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Free catered lunch, snacks and drinks
- Paid Caltrain GoPass
- Paid gym membership
- Onsite weekly massages available at a discounted rate
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsored speaker series: “Learning about Learning”
- Happy hours, company outings and more
- Open floor plan office with great views
The position is located in San Mateo, CA, right off the 101 freeway and the San Mateo Bridge.
How Edmodo is making a difference.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 80 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
The investors backing Edmodo are some of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Benchmark Capital, Greylock Ventures, Index Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Learn Capital and our Chairman is Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Meet Some of Edmodo's Employees
Manager of Community Support & Developer Relations
Zach ensures that Edmodo’s users—whether they’re teachers, students, parents, or administrators—have their voices heard, helping the company build a product driven by customer feedback.
Back to top