At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we’re growing our Sunnyvale, CA team so we can help more clients every day.
As a Senior Researcher on the Investment Management team, you’ll be responsible for capital markets, asset pricing, and factor models, portfolio optimization, Monte Carlo simulation and retirement economics.
- Independently identify potential improvements in our models for investment risk, portfolio optimization, and forecasting. He/she will identify the relevant advanced techniques and datasets applicable to each project.
- Integrate new product features with existing product components, and coordinating with the software engineering and QA teams during implementation and testing.
- Collaborate with product marketing and user experience teams to understand customer needs and design new services.
- Communicate investment methodology to internal and external clients
- Communicate complex methodologies to a layperson’s audience, including human resources professionals at client companies.
- Mentor junior researchers' investigations
- Provide valuable guidance on their colleagues’ projects.
- PhD in Finance, Economics or equivalent
- 5-10 years of academic or industry experience in a research capacity
- Strong empirical research skills and background in statistics
- Broad economic intuition applicable to new problems
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interests of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors — not just the wealthy — deserve access to personal, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews  and Barron’s  with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.1 million clients to manage over $181 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
Edelman Financial Engines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, visit EdelmanFinancialEngines.com and FinancialEngines.com.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 Ranking and status for 2017. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/);
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth
Back to top