Senior Product Manager, Workplace Product
At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we’re growing our team so we can help more clients every day.
As a Sr. Product Manager, on the Workplace Product team, you’ll be working with client experience, platform, marketing, and technology teams to shape an industry leading advice and management product that brings together technology and the human advisor. Your product solutions will help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading the creation and deployment of best-of-breed features that facilitate the optimal user experience for prospects and clients while working with the nation’s largest financial institutions. We are looking for someone who can be a strong strategic thinker and thought partner in addition to managing product roadmaps and executing with agile scrum teams.
The role reports into the Director, Workplace Products and can be based in Boston, MA or Sunnyvale, CA.
- Partner with our Distribution and Institutional team to seek opportunities that extend Financial Engines’ ability to effectively reach new clients
- Work with design, content, and user research teams to hone in on the needs of our target customer
- Translate customer needs into product requirements and maintain a product roadmap
- Create detailed user stories and acceptance criteria, and manage deliverables in an agile environment
- Shepherd products through stakeholder review protocols, including legal, compliance, and investment management
- Apply rigorous data analytics to continuously improve the customer experience and drive better business results.
- Represent Financial Engines externally on projects with key partner engagement
- 5+ years of product management or related experience with increasing responsibilities
- Professional experience in financial services - Familiarity with financial planning, investment management, defined contribution plans, or financial advice is a must.
- Strong customer orientation and understanding of needs for both clients & internal customers
- Proven ability to take initiative, use consultative skills and build strong, productive relationships
- Extensive experience writing user stories and working with agile teams to execute. Ability to influence and collaborate across the organization and at all levels to drive results.
- Experience facilitating product integration with external parties a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25%, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field (MS/MBA a plus)
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews1 and Barron’s2 with 170+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.2 million clients to manage more than $213 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
1 Ranking and status for 2019. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/);
2 The 2019 Top 50 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Back to top