Senior FP&A Analyst
Senior FP&A Analyst (Boston, MA)
At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we’re growing our team so we can help more clients every day.
We are seeking a Sr FP&A Analyst within our Financial Planning & Analysis Team. The primary responsibilities of this position include supporting the business through forecasting, variance analysis, and strategic financial initiatives.
- Build and Maintain annual planning models and ongoing monthly forecasts
- Partner with accounting on monthly close and quarterly audits
- Update and monitor dashboards and reporting for executive staff to drive execution against corporate priorities
- Prepare and distribute monthly budget vs. actual reports and analyze variances with department managers
- Prepare monthly executive financial updates and board of directors’ presentations
- Assist in preparing metrics for quarterly earnings calls and external reporting
- Support the Finance team with ad-hoc reporting and analysis to drive financial results
- Support the creation of reporting, data visualization, and other tools to help teams better understand their performance
- Increase productivity by improving processes and assisting in automation of manual tasks
- 5-8 years of experience in finance
- Bachelors or Masters degree in finance or accounting
- Proficient in Excel, financial modeling, and preparing presentations
- Attention to detail and first run accuracy is required
- Robust sense of intellectual curiosity and the tenacity to experiment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a deadline driven and multi-task environment
- Intrinsic motivation with a strong desire to make a positive impact on the organization
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts and principles
- Comprehension and experience with data visualization tools a plus (Tableau, MicroStrategy, Power BI etc.)
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews1 and Barron’s2 with 170+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.2 million clients to manage more than $213 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
For California residents, please see the link for the Privacy Notice for Candidates. California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. Please read it carefully and reach out to Jill O’Connell (857-305-8555 or email@example.com) with any questions.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
1 Ranking and status for 2019. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/);
2 The 2019 Top 50 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Back to top