Regional Manager, Client Service (West Region)
- Overland Park, KS
At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we're growing our team so we can help more clients every day.
As the Regional Manager, Client Services (West Region), you will play an integral part in ensuring world-class customer service is delivered to our clients by managing all facets of regional operations, supporting multiple branch offices, as well as various business lines.
- Manage the day-to-day branch office operations and client service experience
- Mentor, coach and lead Client Service Teams including Associates, Analysts, and Admins
- Serve as liaison between corporate office and branches through the management of day-to-day business operations
- Partner with the Regional Director and maintain high-quality standards and client service throughout the region
- Effective planning and managing of staffing and support needs which include but are not limited to:
- Assist with interviewing and hiring of qualified external and internal candidates
- Identify and develop high performing internal employees in an effort to build future bench strength
- Manage and oversee the employee performance review process for the department ensuring reviews are appropriate, accurate, and adhere to all company deadlines
- Develop performance improvement plans and provide coaching when necessary to improve marginal employee performance ensuring a high level of accountability
- Maintain the highest possible level of morale in the department so that the culture is one of mutual respect and cooperation between Client Services and other departments
- Continuously review department organization and administrative procedures to ensure that effective, efficient, and profitable staff operations are maintained
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Department's service to clients for the purpose of improving the overall client experience
- Responsible to make sure that all programs and projects meet assigned goals and objectives
- Conduct regular communication with necessary employees to ensure information is disseminated in a timely and appropriate manner
- Responsible for resolving complex service and operational issues, with best-practice judgment
- Perform audits/reviews and any additional duties, as necessary
- 5-7 years of financial industry experience, specifically in a broker/dealer or registered investor environment
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Previously held Series 7, Series 24, and Series (or 66) licenses preferred
- Proven exceptional client services skill
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team to successfully accomplish goals
- Ability to deliver and manage difficult conversations and situations
- Ability to manage in stressful situations
- Excellent judgment to appropriately prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and work with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Cultivate relationships across the firm to foster comradery
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills required
- Position requires a high level of confidentiality
- Dependable/punctual, acting mentor and role model
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors - not just the wealthy - deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America's top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews 1 and Barron's 2 with 170+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.2 million clients to manage more than $213 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client's situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
For more information, visit www.EdelmanFinancialEngines.com and www.FinancialEngines.com
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
1 Ranking and status for 2019. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/); 2 The 2019 Top 50 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron's is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a pre combination ranking of twelfth.
Back to top