Marketing Principal, Institutional Programs
At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we’re growing our team so we can help more clients every day.
As a Marketing Principal, Institutional Programs on the Workplace Innovation team, you’ll develop and execute compelling marketing strategies that drive demand for new products and services. Workplace Innovation is leading the transformation toward increasing speed to market and delivery channels for new solutions most in demand by employers and other institutional partners, providing significant benefits for employers of all sizes and the employees who rely on them for financial help.
We are looking for someone who is a seasoned B2B marketer with expert-level knowledge of the defined contribution, financial planning, and human resources industries. This role will collaborate extensively with the Institutional Services leaders who engage with retirement plan sponsors, employers, and other institutional influencers If you are a marketer who gets excited about working with a broad range of partners, who’s obsessed with driving results through break-through innovations, and who has demonstrated success driving progress through ambiguity, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Marketing strategy: Develop strategic programs plans for engaging employers and institutional partners that advance the firm’s business goals
- Content creation: Develop institutional-facing content that positions Edelman Financial Engines’ services in a manner that differentiates vs. the competition; this role will both generate its own “hands-on” content and work with internal and external creative resources
- Sales development: Develop direct marketing campaigns, sales enablement programs, and thought leadership to drive top-of-the-funnel activity
- 6-8 years of progressive B2B marketing experience
- Deep knowledge of the retirement and defined contribution industries; past experience working with a retirement plan recordkeeper or consultant/advisor is a significant plus
- Ability to balance strategy with execution, including a willingness to “roll up sleeves” and generate content (e.g., PowerPoint slides, one-pagers, etc.)
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills, given external interface with retirement plan providers.
- Strategic/Outside the box thinker, with a creative brain and a problem-solving mentality
- Get-it-done mentality, comfortable with ambiguity, and ability to figure out solutions with little direction.
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by over 1.1 million clients to manage over $200 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
©2018 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Meet Some of Edelman Financial Engines's Employees
Emily O.Marketing Manager
Emily oversees Financial Engines’ Digital and Live Event Channels, connecting interested people to nationwide retirement and financial planning news and information sessions.
Back to top