Data Scientist/Data Engineer for Machine Learning
If you are passionate about Big Data and Machine Learning and keen to apply the technologies to the Financial Industry, come join us at Edelman Financial Engines (EFE) — America’s largest financial planning and investment management company. Our Machine Learning Department has an immediate opening for a Data Scientist / Data Engineer.
Established upon Noble Prizing winning economics theory 20 years ago and powered by cutting-edge technologies, EFE has been serving over one million American families to achieve their financial goals. Working in this role and equipped with vast amount of high-quality data, you have exciting opportunities to innovate our services and help grow our business with Machine Learning technologies.
- Work with teams to develop Machine Learning solutions to enhance financial asset management operations and services, with a focus on data.
- Identify opportunities for machine learning and data analytics and create applicable solutions accordingly.
- Analyze and explain data requirements and help to improve the company’s data collection and integration practice.
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of data acquisition and processing.
- Work with cross-functional data and product teams to access, manipulate, normalize, and democratize data.
- Hands-on building robust and scalable data models and platform for Machine Learning and Analytics.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Quantitative Finance, or related Science or Engineering majors.
- Strong mathematics and statistics background.
- 5+ years’ experience in building models and developing algorithms for machine learning, statistics, mathematical programming, and simulation.
- 7+ years’ experience in managing and analyzing large-scale structured and unstructured data using Python, Java, other languages or tools.
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL in big data environments and data modeling.
- Industry experience integrating various data sources and making data available through a common platform.
- Work experience building data warehouses or data lakes, preferably AWS environment.
- Work experience with big data platforms, such as Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, preferably in AWS environment.
- Excellent communication skills and great teamwork spirit.
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interests of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors — not just the wealthy — deserve access to personal, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.1 million clients to manage over $181 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Back to top