Client Service Associate (Ann Arbor, MI)
Edelman Financial Engines, one of the nation’s largest and most well-known financial planning firms, seeks a skilled Client Service Associate for our Ann Arbor, MI location. The Client Service Associate provides full support to one or more Financial Planners, ensuring and enhancing client satisfaction through direct contact with clients, vendors, and other operational employees.
- Coordinate client meetings, including assisting each Financial Planner with meeting preparation, and participation in client meetings to support completion of paperwork, demonstrating that you are an integral part of the client experience
- Greet clients in a professional and friendly manner; build and nurture the client relationship
- Provide superior client service by handling all incoming client requests
- Prepare appointment documentation, review and mailing materials as requested by the Financial Planner
- Monitor client account activity, research and resolve issues, and follow-through to ensure client’s needs are met
- Prepare and review all new account paperwork to ensure documents are complete and in good order
- Help clients initially access the online Client Portal
- Monitor and initiate action on daily custodial alerts and assigned tasks
- Partner with Operations Department to execute investment trade orders
- Verify accounts are traded into the correct model and provide trade assistance as needed; track incoming rollovers, other investment funding, and transfers to ensure that all applicable accounts moved as expected
- Create, maintain, and track an RMD list utilizing internal and custodian solutions
- Run and send out performance reports using the firm’s IT systems
- Analyze reports to determine the appropriate action to be taken on behalf of client accounts
- Make proactive use of technology to streamline client interactions
- Document key client milestones and/or important data into systems that will assist in future client interactions
- Identify problems in a timely manner while complying with standard resolution policy, the established corporate process, and regulatory procedures
- Prioritize work related to client assets to ensure all deadlines are met
- Maintain risk awareness and compliance with all corporate and regulatory standards
- Comply with all continuing educational requirements
- Support the firm’s initiatives, assist with any company-wide projects or activities, and attend functions as needed
- Participation in projects, task forces, councils, and product rollouts to ensure CSA voice is represented
- Open, review, and appropriately distribute incoming mail
- Order supplies for the office via applicable approved vendors
- Collaborate with Facilities to maintain building key cards, parking validations, and log
- Ensure all office spaces visible by clients are tidy and organized
- General office management and other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of financial services industry experience, preferably with a Registered Investment Advisor or broker/dealer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience preferred
- Exceptional client service skills
- Good understanding of finance and investment markets/securities
- Must correlate industry-related paperwork with appropriate company procedure, to process necessary transactions and determine the next course of action
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Windows, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Must understand the roles of key business partners and build impactful relationships
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and work with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills required
- Position requires a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment is required
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interests of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors — not just the wealthy — deserve access to personal, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.1 million clients to manage over $181 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
 Ranking and status for 2017. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.
Edelman Financial Engines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top