AWS Devops Engineer, Analytics
- Columbus, OH
United States, Nationwide
At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we're growing our team so we can help more clients every day.
The Analytics Office at Edelman Financial Engines seeks an experienced Devops engineer to build and maintain a robust AWS cloud infrastructure to support our data warehouse and data pipelines, business intelligence assets, and data science capabilities.
What is the Analytics Office?
The Analytics Office owns analytics systems like the enterprise data warehouse, business dashboards, certain corporate data marts, and the data pipelines sourced from upstream production systems . We are separate from the product development and IT departments that own our corporate product code and production systems. The expectation of the company is for Analytics to be largely self-sufficient in its systems and administration.
Responsibilities and Roles:
- Implement and manage continuo us delivery systems for Analytics Office production /test/dev environments
- Continue to i mplement and automate security controls , define and deploy monitoring on AWS
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Write infrastructure as code with Cloud Formation and/or Terraform
- Support AWS-based Analytics assets such as Tableau dashboards , data pipeline infrastructure and support special projects like machine-learning
- Help develop AWS POCs
- Provide subject matter expertise in running analytics applications within AWS
- 4 + years of experience with AWS, including but not limited to heavy experience with IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, and Cloudformation
- Experience as DevOps engineer in a scalable production environment (4+ years)
- Demonstr ated experience working with Configuration Management tools like Terraform, Ansible.
- Experience with Python and shell scripting (3+)
- Knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture (2+ years)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- AWS certification (DevOps, SysOps , Cloud Architect) a plus.
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors - not just the wealthy - deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America's top independent financial planning and investment advisor, as recognized by Barron's 1 , with 150+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.2 million clients to manage more than $260 billion in assets2. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client's situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
For more information, visit www.EdelmanFinancialEngines.com
© 2021 Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. Edelman Financial Engines® is a registered trademark of Edelman Financial Engines, LLC. All advisory services offered through Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA), a federally registered investment advisor. Results are not guaranteed.
For California residents, please see the link for the Privacy Notice for Candidates . California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. Please read it carefully and reach out to Jill O'Connell (857-305-8555 or email@example.com ) with any questions.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
1 The 2020 America's Best RIA Firms Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron's is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, technology spending, staff diversity, succession planning, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisors and firms. Firms elect to participate but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor experience and returns are not considered.
2 Data as of 12/31/20.
Back to top