We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too. To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, and software professionals collaborate. Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we’d love to talk to you.
We are looking to grow our Website team by adding another Front End Developer!
Our team is based around constantly pushing each other to learn new ideas, new frameworks and concepts. We decide on the direction we take in terms of technology and implementation. Each member is free to choose their own tools for development. We have a relaxed view on coding style allowing for individual expression and style. Everyone has a voice and every opinion is valued. Our team firmly believes in a thoughtful and well-planned development cycle and we live by: iterate, refactor, rewrite. In other words, no throwing code over the fence – we’re a team that loves to collaborate.
- Champions quality and engineering practices so that our website is best-in-class, specifically - conducts code reviews, unit tests, applies DRY, TDD, CI, debugs application code and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Suggest ways to incorporate automation into the agile process.
- Maintain code using source control management tools (Git).
- Collaborate with members of Cross-Functional teams (UI/UX designer, PM, QA) to solve problems, create mock-ups, prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering, Web Development Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 3 + years of industry experience developing interactive, responsive, performant websites with a mobile first approach
- Strong object oriented design and coding skills with knowledge of data structures and design patterns
- Knowledge of Node.js, CSS preprocessors, task runners
- Experience using RESTful web services, APIs and dynamic database driven web applications i.e. S.P.A.s
- Experience with Reactive programming, functional programming is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as working independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks & libraries
- Willingness to always help your teammates and provide support and advice when needed
Nice to Have...
- Knowledge of Home Automation, Internet of Things and HVAC are a plus
- Experience with static site generators
- Experience with Web accessibility guidelines
- Experience in Wordpress development
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top