Test Fixture Developer
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, and software professionals collaborate.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a Test Fixture Engineer for our Embedded Systems team.
Who you are:
- Have brought mass production products to market
- Greatly enjoy tinkering with OOP, embedded operating systems, wireless networking, device drivers and hardware interaction,
- Prefer to work collaboratively with embedded and cross-functional teams to solve complex problems.
What you'll do:
As a Test Fixture Developer, you will be the primary contact for our production line software, and lead technical decision making, on product fixture hardware and software improvements.
If you are excited about working in a highly harmonious, multi-disciplinary, fast environment, you will find this role highly rewarding. Here, you can enjoy working from home a couple times a week, an education fund supporting continued learning, support in taking the time to volunteer and the opportunity to work with great people in a fast-growing environment.
You’ll have a chance to not only love what you do but change the way the whole world thinks about energy and innovation.
Proven work experience required:
- Building software in C, and C++/C#.
- Creating product test specifications, internal documentation of product fixture design and external documentation of product fixture operation for manufacturing
- In the design, troubleshooting, and debugging of the fixture hardware for new products
- Analyzing production data and recommend process changes to increase manufacturing reliability and yield
- Improving production line throughput, increasing reliability and decreasing failures
Bonus marks if you have:
- Knowledge of ARM architecture-based processors and development tools.
- Capabilities in Subversion, Redmine and hardware/PCB design skills.
- Experience building in a MySQL environment.
- Used off-the-shelf embedded platforms (e.g. RasPi, etc.)
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top