Test Fixture Developer
Hi! We’re ecobee. We’re pioneers and innovators in the fast-emerging Connected Home industry. ecobee thermostats are beautifully designed and incredibly smart. They connect to the Internet and help automate your home all while saving energy and money. We’re headquartered in Toronto, and play on an international scale. We’re growing. In fact, we’re growing really fast. And, we’re looking for great people to join our hive.
As a Test Fixture Developer, you will be the primary contact for our production line software, and lead technical decision making on product fixture hardware and software improvements. If you’ve brought mass production products to market and you enjoy tinkering with OOP, embedded operating systems, wireless networking, device drivers and hardware interaction, then you’ll enjoy collaborating with our embedded and cross-functional teams to solve complex problems.
What you’ll do:
- Build software in C, and C++/C#.
- Create product test specifications, internal documentation of product fixture design and external documentation of product fixture operation for manufacturing
- Lead the design, troubleshooting, and debugging of the fixture hardware for new products
- Analyze production data and recommend process changes to increase manufacturing reliability and yield
- Improve production line throughput, increase reliability, and decrease failures
Bonus marks if you have:
- Knowledge of ARM architecture-based processors and development tools.
- Capabilities in Subversion, Redmine and hardware/PCB design skills.
- Experience building in a MySQL environment.
- Used off-the-shelf embedded platforms (e.g. RasPi, etc.)
If you are excited about working in a highly harmonious, multi-disciplinary, fast environment, you will find this role highly rewarding. Here, you can enjoy working from home a couple times a week, a competitive compensation package, health benefits, stock options, casual dress, and the opportunity to work with great people in a fast-growing environment. You’ll have a chance to not only love what you do but change the way the whole world thinks about energy and innovation.
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation please reach out to [email protected].
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top