Hi! We’re ecobee. We’re pioneers and innovators in the fast-emerging Connected Home industry. ecobee thermostats are beautifully designed and incredibly smart. They connect to the Internet and help automate your home all while saving energy and money. We’re headquartered in Toronto, and play on an international scale. We’re growing. In fact, we’re growing really fast. And, we’re looking for great people to join our hive.
We are looking to grow our fantastic QA Team by adding a Test Developer. We have three groups within QA (web, mobile and embedded) so you have the opportunity to work on each of them depending on your skillset and interest. The QA Team doesn’t just run test cases on ecobee products, they live and breathe them; they get into their psyches and bust them wide open. We are looking for someone to find the problems AND THEN solve them. This role interacts with our developers, our technical support folks and our sales people, so you’ll need to be a strong communicator and be interested in participating in discussions about our products with all our internal people. If you’ve got an educational background in computer science, have a natural sense of curiosity and always find yourself tinkering with your gadgets, we want to talk to you!
- Program in multiple languages for server, embedded as well as mobile: Android and iOS
- Create automated test cases using several different tools, including Selenium
- Design and execute test cases for the ecobee product line
- Perform functional and regression testing of software
- Setup electronic test harnesses, for testing circuits, voice and visuals
- Bottom line, we want you to find problems with our products; even break them!
- University degree or college diploma in computer science
- Proven tinker experience creating software/tools/robots on your own
- 2+ years writing code from scratch
- 3+ years writing test cases based on minimum requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have
- iOS or Android automation
- Linux, OS X experience
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top