Technical Support Representative (Contract)
We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We invented the world’s first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. We know that ideas come from everywhere and our collaborative team encourages innovation. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day-in and day-out.
We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive!
Who Are You?
As a part of our Customer Support group, you will be the first point of contact for our customers, responsible for providing the best possible customer experience through troubleshooting and solving all kinds of inquiries! Our Customer Support group provides top-notch service for our ecobee suite of products, and consistently gets great reviews from consumers!
We are looking for new members to join our team who will respond to user issues over the phone and by email. You understand that the happiness of our customers is paramount, and can’t wait to come to ecobee every day with a great work ethic and a get-it-done attitude.
We are looking for strong team members to join us on a contract from September 2017 - January 2018!
What You’d Do:
- Act as the first point of contact for ecobee customers by phone and e-mail, using Zendesk
- Ensure ecobee customer’s happiness by resolving technical/non technical inquires
- Support a wide range of customers, including end users of our products, HVAC professionals, distribution partners, OEM partners and utility customers
- Act as a key contributor to the Customer Support Team while making a meaningful impact to the success and growth of our business
- Be committed to superior customer service to both internal and external customers
- Interested candidates must OK with joining us on a contract from September 2017 - January 2018 and be able to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays (our Customer Support office is open 8AM-12AM Mon-Fri and Sat-Sun 9am-9pm)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: friendly and accessible communication style is what we’re all about!
- Strong customer service experience is a must – help desk, technical support or retail with the ability to problem solve with our customers via phone and email
- The aptitude to learn and adapt to new technology
- Proficient keyboard skills with the ability to document in detail the customer interaction
- High computer literacy, specifically in Windows OS, MS Office and the ability to learn new programs quickly
- An understanding of Internet of Things technologies such as HomeKit, WINK, SmartThings, IFTTT and other API integrations
- Solid grasp of Wireless/Wi-Fi troubleshooting methodologies
- Excellent work ethic in details pertaining to process/procedures
- An understanding of HVAC controls, control wiring, and HVAC terminology would be an asset
- Bilingual in French & English – even better!
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top