Hi! We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who You'll Be Joining
As we continue to rapidly grow our customer base this job will be ever evolving. You’ll be joining a small and dynamic group of 4 people in the Talent Team, so we’re looking for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves and collaborate on all things recruitment! We are a close and supportive team who are passionate about what we do. We love recruitment and ecobee is a great environment for a TA looking to be valued as a subject matter expert. We work as partners and advisors with hiring managers throughout the entire recruitment process.
How You'll Make an Impact
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will be responsible for providing full-cycle recruitment at ecobee.
This role will have you working with senior leaders in the organization to fill key roles across all teams along with coaching them on hiring decisions. You will consult with the leadership team to refine job requirements, build out the recruitment process, identify hiring needs, and source top-notch candidates. Day to day you will be managing job postings, screening applicants, sourcing, building pipelines, interviewing, and forming and delivering offers.
But, it's also so much more than that! We're looking for someone who, along with our existing Talent Team, can also provide recruiting research to ensure we are continuing to develop best in class processes, provide interview training to our hiring managers, and manage internal communication of upcoming positions. You will build an in-depth knowledge of the Toronto talent market, being proactive in your awareness of great candidates (know them before we need them!).
What You'll Bring to the Table
- Multiple years experience in a technical recruiting role (in-house or agency)
- You already know that recruiting is not a volume game or a sales gig, it’s about smart people, honest conversations, and real relationships
- On that note, if you could have gotten a degree in “The Art of Wooing” you would have, building relationships is kind of your thing
- You can speak knowledgeably to a wide variety of technical experts in order to identify top tier talent
- You’re passionate about being the best at your craft and find yourself looking for new learning opportunities
- You're hyper organized and enjoy having multiple moving targets
- “Let’s check the metrics” is your motto, as you see value in tracking and reviewing relevant data to improve the recruitment process and keep everything transparent
- You understand the importance of providing a stellar and consistent experience for all candidates
- You always challenge yourself to improve upon the status quo
- You are a master of first impressions with your great communication and written skills
- You have proven experience working in a fast-paced environment where you’re hiring several people concurrently – trust us, it gets busy here!
- You have experience with all of the common recruiting tools and a modern ATS (we use Greenhouse).
- And, you're eager to work with the best Talent Team in Toronto!
What We Bring to the Table
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this effect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and on-boarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on-boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.