Supply Chain Manager
- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a rapidly growing tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain and Planning, the ideal candidate has a depth of experience managing supply planning, warehousing and distribution.
This is a high visibility, high impact role that requires strong leadership & team skills and the ability to manage supply requirements as part of the monthly S&OP process and outbound shipping execution. You will own the relationship with our overseas manufacturing partners to plan production & capacity as well as the relationship with our domestic partners to manage outbound distribution.
In this role, you will own all elements of our supply chain and will be expected to shape and optimize the supporting processes as well. A strong collaborator, you will partner with stakeholders to drive continuous cross functional improvement.
Success will come from your ability to analyze the data, glean insights and present findings through all levels of the organization. Leveraging your leadership style to establish clear lines of accountability and communication you will drive rigor within the supply chain to ensure timely execution.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Drive the monthly Inventory planning process; managing meeting cadence and stakeholder outputs while ensuring flexibility to respond to business needs
- Establish repeatable, scalable approach to inventory planning that can accommodate our planned sales and product growth; integrate data sources needed to improve inventory visibility
- Liaise with the factories on supply forecasts to ensure adequate long-term planning for capacity & components
- Manage relationships with the sourcing team and the factory to ensure we are optimizing product cost and warehouse inventory.
- Partner with the demand planning team to drive allocation strategy and Logistics to develop and implement flow strategies that maximize sales and profitability
- Collaborate with procurement and supplier management team to work through raw material shortages/concerns.
- Manage vendor relationships and communication related to targets, past business performance, in stocks, outstanding issues and forecasts.
Warehousing & Distribution
- Perform and oversee all day-to-day inventory transactions and perform regular audits to ensure the various inventory systems are synched correctly
- Manage our logistics & distribution vendor/partners, particularly our 3PL, to ensure all SOP’s and KPI’s are fulfilled daily
- Monitor and manage the various systems tracking the timely processing of outbound orders to customers and inbound orders from our vendor/partners while proactively identifying and resolving performance and/or system issues
- Perform and oversee physical inventory counts at various locations, ensuring the accuracy of the counts and accounting for any variances
- Review, justify and approve invoices and expenses related to the logistics and distribution functions
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You have progressive years of senior experience within Supply Chain in a CPG environment
- Have owned an end to end Supply Chain process and are an expert in the S&OP process
- Experience working with overseas Manufacturing partners
- You are strong at presenting action plans to senior management, communicating risks and opportunities, and gaining buy in from key stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large data sets to identify trends and anomalies
- Experience creating and implementing performance metrics including reporting and analysis including supplier scorecards
- A lover of process improvement, looking for cost savings and efficiencies is your favourite part of the job
- Experience developing and presenting reports for stakeholders from account managers to senior executives
- Comfortable using Netsuite or a similar ERP
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this effect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top