Staff Developer, Embedded Systems
Hi! We’re ecobee. We’re pioneers and innovators in the fast-emerging Connected Home and the Internet of Things industries. ecobee products are beautifully designed and incredibly smart. They connect to the Internet and help automate your home all while saving energy and money. We’re headquartered in Toronto, and play on an international scale. We’re growing. In fact, we’re growing really fast. And, we’re looking for great people to join our hive.
We’re looking to grow our firmware team by adding a Staff Embedded Developer.
How you'll contribute
We love ideas, and encourage continual learning, development, and exploration of new technologies. We want you to grow with us as we expand to reach our new milestones. Our Staff Developers are technical leaders, meaning they influence both our Embedded Chapter and their team through implementing new processes, re-enforcing standards, considering overall code quality and maintainability. Your day-to-day will include reviewing code, steering the team in the right direction, and hands on development.
- Create software architecture and design from end-to-end
- Develop objected oriented software primarily in C++
- Work closely with Product Management to define features and new product requirements
- Use proven engineering methodologies to fully understand and solve complex problems
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering
- 10+ years C++ development experience
- Experience Designing and Architecting Embedded Systems
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills(including data structures and design patterns)
- Familiar with multi-threaded design and coding practices
- Experience with ARM architecture-based processors and development tools
- Aptitude in programming for reliability and testability
- Knowledge of Home Automation, and Internet of Things
- Knowledge of embedded Linux systems
- Firm grasp of GUI development
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that affects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Flexible schedules and work from home days
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
If you have a desire to design and build smart products that make a positive impact in the world, then we want to hear from you!
Back to top