Staff Developer, Embedded Systems
- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a rapidly growing tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who you'll be be joining
Our Embedded Chapter is made up of 20+ Embedded Developers with a wide variety of specialties, skill sets, backgrounds, and experiences. They aim to bring their Embedded experience to the cross-functional squads that they are a part of, with a focus on collaboration, learning, development.
How you'll make an impact
We love ideas, and encourage continual learning, development, and exploration of new technologies. We want you to grow with us as we expand to reach our new milestones. Our Staff Developers are technical leaders, meaning they influence both our Embedded Chapter and their team through implementing new processes, re-enforcing standards, considering overall code quality and maintainability. Your day-to-day will include reviewing code, steering the team in the right direction, and hands on development.
- Create software architecture and design from end-to-end
- Develop objected oriented software primarily in C++
- Work closely with Product Management to define features and new product requirements
- Use proven engineering methodologies to fully understand and solve complex problems
What you'll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering
- 10+ years C++ development experience
- Experience Designing and Architecting Embedded Systems
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills(including data structures and design patterns)
- Familiar with multi-threaded design and coding practices
- Experience with ARM architecture-based processors and development tools
- Aptitude in programming for reliability and testability
- Knowledge of Home Automation, and Internet of Things
- Knowledge of embedded Linux systems
- Firm grasp of GUI development
What we'll bring to the table
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top