Software Developer, Integrations
Hi, we’re ecobee - born and raised in Canada. We pride ourselves in making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our used – but for the planet as well. We invented the world’s first smart Wi-Fi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation whole home voice technology, making a truly magical experience for our users across all our products.
We pride ourselves on providing great benefits to our employees and ensuring those employees are well equipped for self-development. We believe that the well-being of our workmates is paramount for us to create great products with passion.
Our hive is in Downtown Toronto and is growing quickly, as a result we are looking for Software Developer work on our Systems Integrations on our Scalability team.
Some of the neat things you will be working on:
- Write new software that will help integrate ecobee’s enterprise software applications and modules with our products platforms
- Go above and beyond the nature of basic integrations and build innovative software solutions to make all our jobs easier through automation! You’ll be a hero amongst your peers.
- Expose yourself to a different focus of software development that affects finance, operations, and sales systems in an international company
- Work with industry-leading platforms: Shopify, NetSuite, Salesforce, Google Cloud, AWS, and Tableau
- Leverage your knowledge of software best-practices (agile development, code reviews, secure development, observability and CI/CD) to mentor others on the team
- Deeply understand our business processes and map them to scalable software solutions, where reliability, scalability, observability, and quality have tangible financial implications.
- Assist in resolving day-to-day issues with any aspects of ecobee’s integrated platforms
Who you are:
- You have solid full-stack programming experience, and want to learn about the business side of things
- You want to see the actual financial impacts of your work and help resolve complex problems
- You understand the craft of software development and utilize best practices
- You have experience with working on service-oriented architecture, implemented through cloud-native technologies
- You have dabbled in Cloud Architecture, and understand serverless and event-driven infrastructures
- You’ve implemented a few integrations with third-party APIs and vendors (SOAP / REST web services), and have built a few of your own
- You are not afraid to take calculated risks and make mistakes, and you are the first with a solution to fix them
- No challenge is too big, small, or quirky for you
- You have no fear in learning new technologies and practices
- You can identify future risks before you begin implementing and share them without reserve
- You question things, and are not afraid to communicate this – always striving to reach the scalability mark
- Just so you know: Our hired candidate will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
What we offer:
- A truly meaningful work that affects our planet
- A unique work environment that captivates creativity
- Small, collaborative teams with impact that affects how the whole company scales
- Freedom to complete the requests with any scalable approach – this is not a math class
- Parental leave and a Top-Up program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for a full-time employee
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Monthly Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a grooving (and growing), private, company with stock options
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Back to top