Site Reliability Engineer
We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too. We invented the world’s first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto, is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for our fantastic SRE Team.
The SRE team is unique as our customers are both internal and external. The challenges this present requires someone who well autonomously and in a fast paced environment.
What you’ll be doing:
At ecobee high availability, scalability and security are at the forefront of every decision we make. As an SRE every decision you make will have a meaningful impact on both our systems and our customers. In this role you will not only impact customers but also help to drive cultural changes as ecobee continues to innovate and adopt new technologies.
Your work will help us improve the automation of our systems. This could involve everything from developing automation systems, to addressing scalability challenges, to crafting a new architecture for storing customer data. As well, you will work closely with our various backend development teams on matters of architectural and systems design.
Who you are:
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests we've seen in SRE’s - but we strive to build our team with members from diverse backgrounds as we realize the best ideas come from anywhere. If any of this resonates with you we would love to chat!!!
- Python or Go are the languages you tend to use for solving problems and developing internal tooling, though we are open to other languages
- Your experience with automation of cloud services and/or configuration management and orchestration means Ansible, Salt, and Terraform are part of your arsenal
- Containerization and K8S experience will help you act as mentor to your colleagues
- You have knowledge of fundamental network concepts and protocols
- As someone who likes to fully understand the problem at hand you will investigate the root cause of complex problems naturally and solve them so that our users have a better experience
- Never one for complacency you will take it upon yourself to research new technologies and influence the technical direction of the SRE team and company
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Flexible schedules and work from home days
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Back to top