Senior Web Developer
We're ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren't just smart for our users—but for our planet too. We invented the world's first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. Our hive, headquartered in Toronto, is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a full-stack developer on our Web Development team.
The environment you'd be working in:
As a Senior Web Developer you will be continually involved in shaping the direction of what web technologies we are using and how we implement those technologies. As someone who is familiar with the ever-changing universe that is the vast and infinite web, you'll have the freedom to choose your own tools for development. This freedom is encouraged through a relaxed view on coding that allows for individual expression - where everyone has a voice and every opinion is valued. Our team believes in a thoughtful and well-planned development cycle. We iterate, refactor, rewrite - in other words, no throwing code over the fence. You'll have ownership of the experiences you create, continually improving them and providing production support.
Who you are:
- You've got your front-end fundamentals down (JS, HTML, CSS) but aren't afraid of going full-stack with some Node and Express.
- You're familiar with all the usual CI/CD pipelines, and can back your code up with robust unit tests.
- You're more than comfortable working within frameworks such as SASS and React, emphasizing the principles and advantages of component-based design and development.
- You're open to both providing and accepting feedback through thoughtful code review.
- You're a team player who enjoys solving problems with others.
- You love research and development, and have experience testing out new technologies.
- You're an agilist, who is ready to code with scaling, performance, and security in mind.
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet.
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies.
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture.
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave.
- Flexible schedules and work from home days.
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee.
- Community support through our ecobee acts program.
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency.
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options.
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Alan H.Principal Developer
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top