Senior Product Writer, User Experience
We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We invented the world’s first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. We know that ideas come from everywhere and our collaborative team encourages innovation. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day-in and day-out.
We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive!
ecobee’s world-class UX team prides itself on designing experiences that put the customer first. We’re looking for a seasoned writer that has experience building user-friendly content for mobile apps and web products. As a strategic and creative thinker, you have a talent for making complex ideas simple, comfortable running user tests and advocating for meaningful communications backed with data.
Ways you can contribute day one:
- Own product communications for your product area, actively mentoring others on best practices for UX copy that is straightforward, persuasive, and aligned to brand voice
- Put yourself in the shoes of our customer with user testing to learn what users want to accomplish, and design content to support interactions
- Ensure that content ladders up to the overall brand and product narrative while strengthening the end-to-end user experience
- Lead creative exercises and stakeholder discussions to help set the vision and strategy for how features are described with deep consideration and awareness of the customer journey
- Work closely with Product, Marketing, Engineering and Customer Support teams, and contribute to our vibrant product culture
- Design content objectives and collaborate with research leads to analyze copy performance and investigate optimizations
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience with mobile app-specific writing examples (navigation microcopy, notifications, tooltips, onboarding flows etc)
- Strong research skills and demonstrated history of producing successful UX copy with measurable impact
- Experienced content advocate; comfortable presenting research findings and pushing projects forward
- Comfortable producing copy style guides, training materials, and programs to improve content quality
- Naturally curious and in constant pursuit of learning more about the customer and their journey
- A creative and collaborative thinker capable of balancing competing deadlines
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to grow your career with a dynamic company, including personal and professional development
- Truly meaningful work that affects our homes and our planet
- A unique field in hardware and software – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Opportunity to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- The ability to support your community through our ecobee Acts program
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you! Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check. ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Back to top