Senior Engineer, QA (Web)
We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too. We invented the world’s first smart Wi-Fi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home.
Our hive headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for Engineers for our fantastic QA team.
Do you enjoy evaluating and learning about the product and growing with it? Do you live and breathe quality and understand what it means? Are you able to spot issues before they become problems? Can you automate tests and know your way around it? If you answered yes keep reading, you may be the Test Developer we are looking for!
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be working on:
As a QA Engineer you’ll work closely with the Product Stakeholders, UX designers, Front and Backend Developers, and other Testers in a cross-functional agile environment. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to and get your hands on a variety of tools, framework, and technologies.
You will advocate quality, verify and validate, analyze and lower risks, and automate tests to help build great products. Your testing starts early in the cycle and your ideas and opinion matters from planning to deployment.
Whether you are testing monolithic applications or microservices, or writing and executing unit, integration, and end-to-end tests for our applications running the latest web technologies, there are always exciting things to work on!
Who you are:
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests we've seen in Test Developers - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you, we’d love to chat!
- A critical thinker with passion for quality and software testing
- Your curiosity and resourcefulness allow you to not only find problems but to also provide creative solutions for solving them
- Extensive experience on software testing techniques, methodologies, and tools
- You’ve used Selenium, TestCafe, or similar frameworks
- Comfortable with Web, API, backend, integration, performance/load/stress, and security testing
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and/or Deployment using Jenkins, CircleCI or similar
- Experience in Linux, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of web services, networking, distributed systems, cloud services, Apache Tomcat, GraphQL
- You enjoy working in an agile environment
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Flexible schedules and work from home days
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Alan H.Principal Developer
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top