Senior Embedded Developer (Test Fixture)
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, and software professionals collaborate.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a Senior Embedded Developer, focused on developing Test Fixtures, for our Embedded Systems team.
Who you are:
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests we've seen in Embedded Developers and Test Fixture Development - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you we'd love to chat!
- C/C++/C# development experience.
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE) experience used for PCBA level and End of Line test.
- Commercial off the shelf (COTS) instrumentation experience by means of interfacing with automated test solutions.
- Object-oriented design and coding skills with knowledge of data structures and design patterns.
- RF Test experience (WLAN) an asset.
- Yield analysis, test time reduction and cost reduction experience.
- Experience with National Instruments hardware and software platforms. (PXI, DAQ, TestStand).
- Six Sigma experience.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Embedded Developer, you will be a lead player for development and integration of automated software that controls our fixtures in high volume manufacturing.
The test fixture team utilizes a wide variety of hardware solutions to ensure our products are tested both accurately and thoroughly. Some hardware examples may include cameras used for vision testing, complex measurement systems or robotics for motion control.
The test fixture team is also responsible for developing manufacturing firmware to interface with production level test.
Aside from test fixture development, you will also be responsible for occasionally supporting test fixtures in the field, providing both software updates and guidance to our contract manufacturer to improve production line throughput and decrease failures.
To accomplish all of this, at any given time you may be working closely with developers from other teams as well as our Hardware, Product Management, Manufacturing teams and third-party tech companies on integrations.
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Flexible schedules and work from home days
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Back to top