Senior Customer Experience (CX) Researcher
- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
We are looking for a Senior Customer Experience (CX) Researcher to join our in-house User Experience Research team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and supporting research initiatives that focus on improving the customer experience across every stage of our customer lifecycle. You will do this by conducting qualitative and quantitative research to build a complete picture of the customer, identifying their needs, motivations, expectations, and goals.
Armed with a customer-first approach and the ability to translate research findings into actionable insights for diverse audiences, you will help ecobee gain a deeper understanding of our customers and how the products and services we design fit into their lives.
If you’re passionate about qualitative and quantitative research and possess a natural ability to visualize data and bring it to life through storytelling - this opportunity is for you.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Evangelize customer insights across the company by helping build our core customer experience research and insights capabilities
- Create detailed customer journey maps and service blueprints for ecosystem interactions that happen through digital and other channels
- Uncover customer needs, behaviours, and motivations using a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods including ethnography/field research, in-person and remote concept testing, customer interviews, diary studies, and surveys
- Guide product and product marketing decision-making by autonomously planning and executing customer research initiatives, ranging from strategic to tactical research
- Communicate and deliver meaningful customer insights in creative and compelling ways to a variety of audiences, such as design teams, product teams, marketing teams and executive teams
- Establish and monitor a CX feedback system that paints a comprehensive picture of customer experience across all touchpoints.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Proven years of experience in a CX and/or research role
- An educational background in a quantitative, analytical, or research-oriented field such as Human-Computer Interaction, Inclusive Design, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology
- Advanced knowledge of voice of the customer strategy, with expertise in a range of primary and secondary research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Experience conducting customer value and willingness to pay surveys and interviews
- Strong proficiency in survey design
- Expertise in statistical software, such as R, SAS, SPSS, Python, etc.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
- A strong interest in smart home technologies
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the Smart Home and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st, 2021.
How does this affect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely, and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top