We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too. We invented the world’s first smart WiFi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation whole home voice technology making a truly magical experience for our users on both our ecobee 4 thermostat and recently launched ecobee Switch+ light switch.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto, is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a RF Engineer to join our amazing hardware team.
Some of the cool stuff you will be working on:
As an Engineer you will be involved in many levels of product development from initial concept to release for production.
Your key focus will be on design and development of hardware. You’ll also be responsible for writing technical requirements, test plans, verifications and characterization of products and supporting hardware, taking product through compliance testing and resolve any issues if show up there.
Ecobee has some unique challenges - being both a hardware and a software company, there are often many different and independent moving pieces that make up a project. You'll work closely with the Hardware engineers, Firmware department, Program Managers, Manufacturing and QA teams to help those moving pieces through the development stages of each project.
Who you are:
- Experience in the product development industry, specifically with wireless hardware development or verification
- Experience in RF board level design including all parts of a transceiver chain
- Knowledge in RF/Microwave, antenna and EM Theory, Proficiency in basic RF concepts such as impedance matching, smith chart, transmission line theory.
- Experience with EMC testing of Information Technology Equipment
- RF testing experience using anechoic or semi-anechoic EMC chambers
- Knowledge of and experience with EMC mitigation techniques
- Experience and knowledge of EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) regulations.
- Must have experience with certification of one or more of the following radio technologies: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, cellular
- Proficiency with wireless test equipment, specifically RF lab equipment VNA’s, spectrum analyzer, VSG/VSA, etc
- Test engineering experience with functional test, Design for Test, test coverage, creation of test plans, test strategies
- Experience with OrCAD, Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout design
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronic Engineering
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Fully equipped Hardware and Audio Lab onsite
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
Please apply If you are excited about working in a highly harmonious, multi-disciplinary, fast environment. We believe you will find this role highly rewarding.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top