Hi. We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware and software company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. In the past year, ecobee has become, the highest-rated thermostat online, and won rave reviews from consumers and media alike—not to mention doubled in size. And we’re just getting started.
We are innovators in the fast-emerging connected home and IoT industries and are home to more than 300 multi-disciplined individuals that act on their genuine concern for the environment while excelling in their areas of unique expertise – from software and product development to sales and marketing.
Our finance team is looking for a Revenue Manager to join the team. In this role you will help inform ecobee’s short and long-term business trajectory through revenue reporting, KPIs and cross-functional collaboration. You are a senior finance professional with experience working with large retailers, multi-currency and international invoicing. This role will drive critical initiatives while providing key insights to help achieve future ecobee goals.
You will be a key contributor to timely and accurate closing processes, relating to revenue recognition, product margin, accounts receivable and deferred revenue.
Ways you can contribute day one:
- Responsible for managing a team focused on the account receivable and revenue cycle including evaluating credit worthiness, timely collection of receivables, and exception reporting on billing and collection discrepancies
- Assist in the management of invoicing including online billing submission on customer portals, statement generation and responding to queries
- Maintain a close working relationship with operational managers to assist with the conversion of order to revenue to cash including reconciliation of accrual deductions and accounting for rebates and discretionary spend
- Work closely with the various sales channels in managing customer spend programs, forecasts and projections
- Recommend various business process improvements that will streamline the revenue closing process
- You will develop and maintain reports, dashboards and KPIs to drive leadership decisions and generate ad hoc reporting to support business operations
- Help manage the implementation of new revenue recognition standards (IFRS 15 experience would be an asset)
Who You Are:
- 5+ years' work experience in progressive finance roles with a focus on revenue, accounts receivable, invoicing and collections
- CPA or Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting is strongly preferred
- You are a people leader, with proven experience managing finance teams
- Experience in multi-currency, international invoicing and sales tax regulations
- Ability to understand complex billing and experience with large retailers
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and reporting data
- Analytical in nature with the ability to dissect significant amounts of data and turn into meaningful insight
- You’re forward thinking, and always looking for key insights that can help achieve future goals
- Experience with forecasting, budgeting and financial modeling
- Being comfortable with NetSuite or any advanced ERP would be great!
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company, personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top