Regional Sales Manager, Southern West Coast
- Los Angeles, CA
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not resting and have big things on the horizon.
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting smart home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
As a member of our Pro team you will work with a driven and dedicated group of smart people in an environment where initiative and innovation are encouraged, and exceeding goals is rewarded.
You’re a hunter who’s self-motivated and results oriented! We’re looking to hire a Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA to sell ecobee products within our Southern West Coast region (SoCal, Las Vegas, Arizona, and New Mexico).
This position will be responsible for leading sales activity within accounts as well as developing a longer-term strategy to continue to grow ecobee’s market share and brand recognition.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Achieve sales targets for new business sales to contractors and distributors
- Regularly conduct technical training and business planning with strategic partners
- Increase distribution and product sales through existing distributors and recruitment of new distributor partners; build and maintain strong relationships, increase visibility and sell product line to the Professional Channel
- Enhance ecobee awareness and product engagement by building, managing, training, and motivating an independent rep sales force to support distributor and contractor partners
- Recognize trends in the market and be fully knowledgeable of competitive activities , which can then be regularly communicated to the management team
- Prepare and report upon sales and territory activities in SalesForce; maintain up-to-date records of accounts, key contact information, call activities, opportunities, and results
- Prepare detailed forecasts of short and long-term sales objectives
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Proven experience in Sales role, within a technical industry
- Solid understanding of the two-step distribution process
- You’ve undergone formal sales training program and can easily show how you’ve used it in the field
- Ability to travel within the Southern West Coast region as well as quarterly/bi-annual travel to sales team meetings at ecobee’s HQ in Toronto
- Proficient at working independently and have a home office
- Valid driver's license and vehicle is required
- Just so you know: Our hired candidate will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this effect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top