Regional Sales Manager, Northern West Coast
Hi. We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. In the past year, ecobee has become, the highest rated thermostat online, and won rave reviews from consumers and media alike—not to mention doubled in size. And we’re just getting started.
We are innovators in the fast-emerging connected home and IoT industries and are home to more than 300 multi-disciplined individuals that act on their genuine concern for the environment while excelling in their areas of unique expertise – from software and product development to marketing and accounting.
Who Are You?
You’re a hunter who’s self-motivated, and results oriented! We’re looking to hire a Regional Sales Manager to market the full line of ecobee products in the defined territory of Northern West Coast (Northern California, Oregon and Washington) USA. This position will be responsible for all sales activity within an account as well as developing and implementing a longer-term strategy to ensure ecobee will retain customer accounts and continue to obtain future business.
As a member of our team you will work with a driven and dedicated group of smart people in an environment where initiative and innovation are encouraged and rewarded with a competitive compensation package including stock options and a comprehensive benefits plan.
What You’d Do:
- Achieve sales targets for new business sales to contractors and distributors
- Regularly conduct training sessions and business revues with key strategic partners and stakeholders
- Host best in class customer demonstrations and manage systems testing in the assigned region
- Increase distribution and product sales through existing distributors and strategic recruitment of new distributor partners; build and maintain strong relationships, increase visibility and sell full product line to HVAC distributors and contractors
- Enhance ecobee awareness and product engagement by building, managing, training, and motivating an independent rep sales force to support distribution and contractor partners
- Recognize trends in the market, and be fully knowledgeable of competitive activities to regularly communicates information to the management team
- Demonstrates knowledge of account history, and the processes and procedures specific to each area and the key issues for each account
- Prepare and report upon sales and territory activities; maintain up to date records of accounts, key contact information, call activities, opportunities, results, in Sales Force
- Prepare detailed forecasts of short and long-term sales objectives
- Participate at related trade shows and events across the region
- Support the customer/technician helpline and technical channel on occasion
- Communicate and demonstrate technical complexities for ecobee products and software solutions
- College degree or equivalent designation
- A minimum of two years sales experience within the HVAC or related industry
- Solid understanding of the two-step distribution process
- Ability to travel within a defined geographical sales region as well as quarterly / bi-annual travel to National Sales meetings and/or corporate head office
- Proficient at working independently and have a home office
- Valid driver's license and vehicle is required
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top