Regional Sales Manager - Midwest, USA
Hi! We’re ecobee. We’re pioneers and innovators in the fast-emerging Connected Home industry. ecobee thermostats are beautifully designed and incredibly smart. They connect to the Internet and help automate your home all while saving energy and money. We’re growing. In fact, we’re growing really fast. And, we’re looking for great people to join our hive.
If you’re a hunter who’s self-motivated, and results oriented read on.
We’re looking to hire a Regional Sales Manager to market the full line of ecobee products in the defined territory of Midwest USA. This position will be concerned with short term sales activity within an account as well as developing and implementing a longer term strategy to ensure ecobee will retain customer accounts and continue to obtain future business. You will work with a driven and dedicated group of smart people in an environment where initiative and innovation are encouraged and rewarded with a competitive compensation package including stock options and a comprehensive benefits plan.
- Achieve sales targets for new business sales to contractors and distributors
- Regularly conduct training sessions and business revues with key strategic partners
- Host best in class customer demonstrations and manage systems testing in the assigned region
- Increase distribution and product sales through existing distributors and strategic recruitment of new distributor partners; build and maintain positive relationships, increase visibility and sell full product line to HVAC distributors and contractors
- Improve ecobee awareness and product engagement by building, managing, training, and motivating an independent rep sales force to support distribution and contractor partners
- Recognize trends in the market, and be fully knowledgeable of competitive activities in order to regularly communicates information to the management team
- Demonstrates knowledge of account history, and the processes and procedures specific to each area and the key issues for each account
Prepare and report upon sales and territory activities; maintain up to date records of accounts, key contact information, call activities, opportunities, results, in Sales Force
- Prepare detailed forecasts of short and long-term sales objectives
- Participate at related trade shows and events across the region
- Support the customer/technician helpline and technical channel on occasion
- Communicate and demonstrate technical complexities for ecobee products and software solutions
- A minimum of five years of sales experience within the HVAC or related industry
- Deep understanding of the two step distribution process
- Strong communication, computer and presentation skills
- Ability to travel within a defined geographical sales region as well as quarterly / bi-annual travel to National Sales meetings and/or corporate head office
- Proficient at working independently and have a home office
- College / University / CET graduate
- Valid driver's license and vehicle is required
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation please reach out to [email protected].
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top