Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
You are a Product Manager with a customer-first mindset, responsible for creating the best user experience for our customers when visiting ecobee.com. You are interested in how the website experience can influence potential customers and what it communicates about ecobee.
You are passionate about bringing ecobee.com to the next level. Working closely with multiple stakeholders, you will develop and execute an ongoing roadmap to improve our website experience and drive sales and customer satisfaction. You have an unrelenting passion for customer experiences, technical know-how to work with a strong team of Developers and an understanding of e-Commerce businesses.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Develop short-term and long-term product roadmap for ecobee.com in collaboration with marketing, business development, product, customer service and operations
- Take ownership of the rebuild of ecobee.com to empower our users
- Prioritize product backlog, maintain well-defined user stories and plan out sprints with the development team
- Use agile product management methods/scrum to facilitate daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Authoring of product requirement documents to enable new functionality, product launches and promotions
- Managing A/B tests, analyzing the results and implementing improvements based on those results
- Manage the release schedule and launch timelines across different website initiatives
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Experience working with product and web development teams
- Experience as a Product Owner on an Agile development team
- Understanding of web development best practices and technologies such as content management systems and delivery networks
- You have managed teams to successfully deliver projects in an agile environment
- Understanding of website accessibility and knowledge of accessibility requirements
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this effect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.