Product Manager, Devices
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian consumer product company that is transforming the smart home. Our mission is to create a “Helpful Home” – a home that listens, senses and responds to customer’s needs. We do this by creating innovative, thoughtful and beautifully designed products that deliver comfort, enhance control and reduce energy waste & carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We created the worlds’ first Wi-Fi connected smart thermostats that demystified heating and cooling equipment for users. We followed that with ecobee Room SensorTM technology that provided temperature information for whole home rather than just where thermostat is connected which enabled us to deliver greater comfort and savings to our customers. We then embedded a voice assistant into a thermostat and light switch at no additional cost to our customers but providing access to music, weather, knowledgebase and delivered whole home voice. We are innovative and creative and are out to create a “helpful home” through technology.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is looking for new member on the Product Team – a team that has set out to be the best Product Team in the world! We are a team full of creative ideas with a passion to build world class products and drive to get things done.
ecobee Product Managers are believers in customer-first and agile product development – we are looking for someone who is user obsessed and excited to deliver results for our team. Ideally, you have worked as a PM within a hardware team at a world-class company (regardless of its size), shipping products (hardware) directly to consumers or small businesses.
What You’ll Do:
- As a Product Manager at ecobee, you will be the go-to person for all things Product - you will drive product initiatives from inception to execution
- Lead the product discovery process by working directly with current and future customers, including, conducting interviews and research to define business requirements
- Define our roadmap aligned with ecobee’s vision and strategy
- Understand the customers that use the products today, why they do so and how can we make their lives better with product innovation
- Manage bringing new solutions to market that require development across mobile, web, backend server and embedded software
- You will consider workflow and edge cases and will ask the right questions to uncover potential roadblocks
- Define and execute on clear success metrics, and support the team to achieve them
- Track teams’ progress on set goals and milestones and provide weekly update to management team on program status
- Meet our customers in-home to understand how we’re performing
Who Are You?
- You have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical engineering
- 2-3 years of engineering experience in designing and bringing a hardware product to market
- Able to showcase a hardware project or a product you have been tinkering with
- 1-2 years of experience as a Product Owner, bringing a hardware product to market
- Experience working with embedded software, is a plus!
- You are user obsessed and understand how users use your product better than anyone else.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and high stakes environment
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that affects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Back to top