- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront (when we are in the office, but right now, to stay safe, we are all working from home until at least the end of 2020). We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Mobile Team to design and build our residential app. Working with the Mobile Team you’ll be at the intersection of our ecobee product experiences ensuring the creation of a cohesive app flow for all ecobee users, no matter their product assortment.
You will be responsible for leading mobile team rituals, working collaboratively with PM stakeholders, UX, Research and the team to ensure features are defined, prioritized and ready for development, creating a strong feature delivery pipeline. You will also identify opportunities to strengthen our existing experiences, look for new opportunities and communicate our app releases, and their impact, to the wider organization.
How you’ll make an impact:
- As a Product Manager at ecobee, you will be the go-to person for all things Product - you will drive product initiatives from inception to execution
- Define your product’s roadmap aligned with ecobee’s vision and strategy
- Understand the customers that use the products today, why they do so and how can we make their lives better with product innovation
- Lead the product discovery process by working directly with current and future customers, including, conducting interviews and research to define business requirements
- Manage bringing new solutions to market that require development across mobile, web, backend server and embedded software
- You will consider workflow and edge cases and will ask the right questions to uncover potential roadblocks
- Define and execute on clear success metrics, and support the team to achieve them
- Track teams’ progress on set goals and milestones and provide bi-weekly update to management team on program status
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You have great experience in either Computer Science, Engineering or UX Design and have brought highly valued products to customers
- You’ve previously been in a product management role, ideally a Hardware, SaaS or B2B product
- You are a Product Manager who has experience delivering a product to market that is successful and drives revenue for the company
- You’d love to showcase a portfolio of projects or products from concept to launch
- You are a smart, curious and analytical person with a bias for action.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and always seek to solve big problems.
- You are user obsessed and understand how users use your product better than anyone else.
- You are a natural leader and in group settings your team looks to you for direction and decision making.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous and high stakes environment
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this effect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely, and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top