Hi, we’re ecobee - born and raised in Canada. We pride ourselves in making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our used – but for the planet as well. We invented the world’s first smart Wi-Fi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation whole home voice technology, making a truly magical experience for our users across all our products.
We pride ourselves on providing great benefits to our employees and ensuring those employees are well equipped for self-development. We believe that the well-being of our workmates is paramount for us to create great products with passion.
The Role: Our hive is located in Downtown Toronto and is growing quickly, as a result we are looking for a NetSuite Developer to join our Scalability team to help us deliver scalable solutions across the company
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Go above and beyond the nature of NetSuite to reduce headaches across multiple teams in ecobee
- Contributes to creation or design of simple and complex solutions
- Able to mentor others in understanding the nature of the whole application
- Assists in identification and implementation of scalable solutions, including risks assessments
- Assists with improvements to prevent risks, and mapping the process associated with the solution(s)
- Assist in resolving day-to-day issues with any aspects of NetSuite and integrity of data that is taken by other integration points (EDI, eCommerce, couriers, etc)
What You'll Bring to the Table:
- You have experience dealing with transactional systems and have written or worked on integrations between transactional systems
- You understand the software development craft (data types, OOP, WebServices[REST, SOAP])
- You are not afraid to make mistakes, and you are the first with a solution to fix it
- No challenge is too big or small for you
- You have no fear in learning new technologies and practices
- You can identify future risks before you begin implementing and share them without reserve
- You question things, and are not afraid to communicate this
P.S. Through trial and error, we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. However, what’s more important to us than a number is the experiences you’ve had and the skills you’ve developed—regardless of the length of time it took to get where you are. Do you have 20+ years of experience? Awesome, please apply. Have only 3 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, send us your resume.
What We Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we aim for the #1 spot in the Smart Home industry!
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Back to top