National Account Manager, Commercial
Hi. We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. In the past year, ecobee has become, the highest-rated thermostat online, and won rave reviews from consumers and media alike—not to mention doubled in size. And we’re just getting started.
We are innovators in the fast-emerging connected home and IoT industries and are home to more than 200 multi-disciplined individuals that act on their genuine concern for the environment while excelling in their areas of unique expertise – from software and product development to sales and marketing.
The National Account Manager, Commercial will represent ecobee's products and services to our Commercial partners across Canada and the United States. You will lead the customer account planning cycle and ensure our customers have a great ecobee experience.
We are looking for a natural multi-tasker with a result driven mindset. In this role you will be working cross-functional with internal and external customers, so we need a strong communicator. Building and maintaining relationships will be the key to your success! This role will work directly with our Commercial partners, so we are looking for someone who is passionate about the industry.
Ways you can contribute day one:
- Prospect and develop commercial multi property owners and property management businesses and create strategies and plans that address customer needs and expands our commercial footprint on a National and Multi Regional basis.
- Proactively lead a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and customer expectations.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Prepare detailed forecasts for short and long-term sales objectives and communicate with product and supply chain management teams to ensure customer needs are met.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5 years of strategic account management in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Several years of proven sales experience within the Commercial / HVAC, facilities management, building trades or related industry.
- Experience selling recurring revenue or SaaS
- Must have a solid understanding of two-step distribution, a demonstrated history of product positioning, driving results and growth.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Availability to travel extensively in Canada and US.
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company, personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top