Mobile Test Developer
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, and software professionals collaborate.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a Mobile Test Developer for our fantastic QA team.
Who you are:
- You not only find problems but you provide creative solutions for solving them as well
- Enjoy interacting with multiple departments including (but not limited to) development, UX, and PM
- You thrive when the challenges are outstanding and the time is tight
- Have a natural sense of curiosity; always find yourself tinkering with your gadgets
- You are always learning something new and try to implement that knowledge in your work
What you’d do:
- Own all aspects of the quality for your role
- Automating mobile tests: Android and/or iOS
- Design and execution of test cases for the ecobee product line
- Functional and regression testing of software
- Setting up electronic test harnesses, for testing hardware, voice, and GUI
- Improving our test infrastructure by incorporating new technologies
- University degree or college diploma in computer science
- 3+ years of experience on iOS and/or Android testing
- Experience with Selenium/Appium or similar frameworks
- Proven tinker experience creating software/tools/robots on your own
- 2+ years writing code from scratch
- 3+ years writing test cases based on minimum requirements
- Linux, OSX experience an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top