Marketing Manager, ecobee Energy
- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront (when we are in the office, but right now, to stay safe, we are all working from home until at least the end of 2020). We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
You will be joining an amazing team of energy professionals and marketers that exude authenticity and are focused on delivering impact. We will challenge you to learn and grow to your fullest, push you to amplify what matters to our clients, customers, their family and the planet - and we expect that you will push us to do the same.
You are a strategic, analytical and enthusiastic individual that thrives on developing, executing, and refining marketing plans – and you’re passionate about the North American energy sector.
You will lead new product launches, steward advertising campaigns to increase the awareness and conversion of rebate programs, develop marketing strategies to increase adoption of our technology and help us communicate to the industry the exceptional things we’re doing. For all facets of the role, you will be analyzing and reporting on the results to make strategic recommendations to the Marketing and Energy departments on an on-going basis.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Work in conjunction with our Energy leadership team to develop and launch new programs and services into the North American energy channel.
- Support the ecobee Energy sales team in developing partnerships with Utilities across North America.
- Initiate, develop, coordinate, and implement strategic marketing programs for the markets across North America where substantial rebate opportunities exists to drive adoption of our products.
- Act as the brand champion internally for ecobee Energy to educate, inform and secure needed resourcing and support for Energy team initiatives and marketing campaigns
- Lead monthly & quarterly marketing reporting.
- Manage energy marketing budget and share responsibility for P&L
- Work with the Digital, Creative and Communications teams to secure resourcing and develop advertising, sales and outreach materials to support these channels.
- Work closely with the product team to build relevant and timely communications for the end consumer
- Conduct research and analysis with regards to customers, industry trends, market conditions, and competitors to strengthen ecobee’s offering with Utility partners and end use consumers.
- Develop executable marketing plans for inclusion in RFP/RFQ’s, in partnership with other team members.
- Continue to drive awareness across the Utility sector through trade shows, white papers, and other B2B marketing efforts.
- Develop marketing case studies to demonstrate successful Utility campaigns
- Objectively evaluate programs for ROI against its individual objectives and capture learning’s to continuously improve performance.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You have previous experience in a brand or channel marketing roles
- B2B experience would be a plus!
- Comfortable in an extremely fast paced, dynamic, agile working environment
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and some experience scaling a business
- Proven track record of working with cross functional groups and departments
- Flexible, able to work in a fluid environment
- Strong written, organizational, communication and oral presentation skills
- You are a creative and innovative thinker
- A relationship builder, you have no problem building and sustaining strong internal/external business relationships
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this effect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top