Manufacturing Engineer, New Product Introduction
We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We invented the world’s first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. We know that ideas come from everywhere and our collaborative team encourages innovation. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day-in and day-out.
We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive!
As a Manufacturing Engineer focusing on New Product Introduction (NPI) you will be a key part of product development at ecobee – ensuring the product design team are continually thinking about manufacturability, cost and supply chain from the concept stage right through until mass production. You will be an integral figure, acting as a liaison between our Industrial Design, Hardware, Mechanical Engineering teams and our large global supplier network.
You will be organized, driven, and ready to react quickly to the many fast paced changes of new product development. You must be comfortable dealing directly with suppliers - both domestic and international – as well as bridging the gaps between the many disciplines of ecobee’s internal engineering teams.
This role is perfect for someone with experience bringing high volume consumer products to market, who is interested in making the jump to the fast growing IoT industry.
It's easy to make one cool thing. Making one million is the hard part!
Ways you can contribute:
- Work with design teams to take product concepts from inception to high volume manufacturing
- Responsible for driving DFM during all phases of product development
- Ensure prototype builds are scheduled with contract manufactures and delivered on time
- Review prototype assembly and test results and implement design changes to ensure products meet requirements for quality and cost
- Manage the PDM activities for release for prototypes to contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Develop and document assembly/test procedures which ensure product requirements are met
- Ensure manufacturing process is designed to meet requirements for capacity, cost and quality
- Identify manufacturability issues which may have negative impact process yields/quality/cost, determine root cause and corrective actions
- Travel to contract manufacturers to check manufacturing process meets requirements
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience with manufacturing electromechanical products – high volume experience, even better!
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working directly with contract manufacturers and suppliers to drive schedules, reduce cost and improve quality
- Comfortable driving improvements in designs to improve manufacturability
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and multi-task in a fast paced, rapid evolving environment
- Prefer to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to implement solutions
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company with personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Back to top