Manager, Web Development
We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too. We invented the world’s first smart WiFi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation whole home voice technology making a truly magical experience for our users on both our ecobee 4 thermostat and recently launched ecobee Switch+ light switch.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto, is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for someone to assist in the management of our fantastic web development teams.
Some of the cool stuff you will be working on:
- Manage the growth and development of your team, finding the best path for a person's career ambitions that address the company needs
- Engage in meaningful 1:1s with your team members, covering a range of topics: job fulfillment, career ambitions, and subsequent planning
- Manage and set the development practices of all our web development, eg. coding standards, peer review process
- Hire the best and brightest, stewarding their onboarding experience ensuring they’re a contributing member quickly
- Ensure our web experiences are both a wonderful experience and technically well designed and maintainable
- Actively impact a product used by hundreds of thousands of people
Who you are:
- Relevant experience in a team lead capacity, or team management role
- Experience working on a web app at scale
- Senior Experience as a web developer – we aren’t looking for you to code, but we need you to be able to
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Flexible schedules and work from home days
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
- Build new things + find new solutions – were growing to make room for new products!
Please apply If you are excited about working in a highly harmonious, multi-disciplinary, fast environment. We believe you will find this role highly rewarding.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Back to top