Manager, Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. In the past year, ecobee has become the highest rated thermostat online, and won rave reviews from consumers and media alike—not to mention doubled in size. And we’re just getting started.
We are innovators in the fast-emerging connected home and IoT industries and are home to more than 300 multi-disciplined individuals that act on their genuine concern for the environment while excelling in their areas of unique expertise – from software and product development to marketing and accounting.
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain and Planning, the ideal candidate has a depth of experience operating within or managing the Sales & Operations planning process within the Manufacturing and/or CPG industry.
This is a high visibility, high impact role that requires strong leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities while still managing the monthly S&OP cadence.
In this role, you will own our S&OP process and will be expected to shape and optimize supporting processes as well (forecasting, data collection and transformation, sales gap analysis etc). A true collaborator, you will partner with stakeholders to drive continuous improvement and relentless pursuit of OKRs.
Success will come from your ability to crunch the numbers, glean insights and present findings through all levels of the organization. Leveraging your leadership style to establish clear lines of accountability and communication you will drive rigor within the monthly S&OP cycle to ensure timely execution.
You have a great radar and are forward thinking; identifying sales risks well in-advance and developing actionable mitigation strategies.
With a strong bias for action and sense of urgency you are a team player that’s comfortable working in a flat organization that values collaboration. Equally comfortable in front of anyone from the CEO to an analyst and all external partners you are looking to make a big impact and are ready to run.
Ways you can contribute day one:
- Drive the monthly Sales & Operations planning process; managing meeting cadence and stakeholder outputs while ensuring flexibility to respond to business needs
- Own forecasting for the Retail Sales channel including analysis of point of sale reporting to understand retail replenishment patterns and building sell-through models
- Establish repeatable, scalable approach to forecast that can accommodate our planned sales and product growth; integrate data sources needed to improve forecast accuracy
- Work with Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams to understand supply and inventory
- Partner with the Strategic Analytics team to understand promotional lift and the impact of cross channel sales and marketing activities on the Retail portfolio
- Partner with the Retail Sales team to build a Collaborative Planning, Forecasting, and Replenishment (CPFR) process and actively contribute to business planning
- Monitor retail channel inventory and drive sell-out volumes while minimizing inventory on-hand; identify trends and opportunities to meet and exceed forecast
- Calculate key performance metrics; establish bench marks and drive performance and efficiency of the retail portfolio including Retail P&L performance
- Dive into the data and become the go-to person for understanding retailer behavior; use data to power your analysis and develop compelling presentations for the C-suite
- Manage relationships with inventory buyers in the retail channel and set expectations with respect to allocation decisions, delivery schedules and returns
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of sales reporting and analytics experience within a CPG environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to influence decision making
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large data sets to identify trends and anomalies
- Ability to dive into detailed analysis while maintaining sight of strategy goals and objectives
- Experience analyzing sell-in and sell-thru data with a sound understanding of retailer and consumer behaviour
- Experience developing and presenting reports for stakeholders from account managers to senior executives
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company with personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that affects our planet
- A unique field in hardware – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Alan H.Principal Developer
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top