Hi! We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Note: As part of the Customer Support Team, you will be required to work remotely and come to the office occasionally as required. All front-line customer support team members work remotely in Ontario as well.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for supporting the development of our people in alignment with ecobee objectives, culture and values. Identifying opportunities to improve employee engagement, empowerment and satisfaction will be core to your success. Working collaboratively with members of the Technical Support team and ecobee head office to deliver a great customer service and employee experience.
As a Manager, you will help oversee the activities and operations of the customer support team along with other managers and help deliver on ecobee’s brand promise of “Memorable Care”. Building a highly empowered and motivated team to deliver a high quality of service. Your area of responsibility will include daily operational management, employee support, process and procedures management, staff product and process knowledge & certifications tracking, agent workflow support and contributions to various departmental activities and demands.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Create and maintain a high-impact work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level and to take accountability of their efforts.
- Assist the Management team with daily operations of ecobee’s call centre to include the daily SLA management, goals and gap analysis. Provide subsequent operational adjustments as needed.
- Create staffing development plans considerate of the company culture and its various programs while ensuring overall positive employee experience.
- Review, analyze and apply improved changes to operational processes and procedures as the team is migrating to Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Work with Trainers to identify and prepare employee training for SFDC Service Cloud.
- Regularly review Customer Journeys and identify any and all opportunities for improvement to reduce effort score. Establish an Effort Score rating for select journeys.
- Collaborate with the customer support leadership to share information, ideas, and best practices to further support a great customer experience.
- Work closely with direct reports to create and support individual development and succession plans.
- Conduct one on one meetings, deliver performance management conversations and coaching as required.
- Develop solid relationships with your assigned internal groups as you will be their customer support point-of-contact.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with employees, internal partners, and customers so the business objectives can be achieved.
- Keep the team informed of what is happening with Product advancements and technical bug fixes in a proactive fashion.
- Assist with recruitment for internal and external positions as needed.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You have multiple years of experience working in a Technical Support or Customer Service call centre role, with progressive experience in managing teams
- You’re customer obsessed and are keenly aware of the agent experience to ensure an effortless customer experience
- You have experience with coaching and staff development and a demonstrated track record of success with leadership abilities.
- Excellent attention to details, time management, progress management, creativity, flexibility and driven to achieve results.
- Ability to work a flexible office schedule which includes managing Supervisors working on rotations (when needed)
- Working Knowledge of a ticketing / CRM system is a requirement. Bonus if that CRM is Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Knowledge of Residential and Commercial HVAC would be a bonus
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.