Hi! We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Systems, this position leads the Business Systems department. You’ll be joining an existing team of 10+ individuals who have a wide range of experience in disciplines including software development, systems integration, and administration.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
The Business Systems Manager is responsible for leading a team of developers, admins, and analysts focused on ecobee’s IT business needs. The primary responsibility of the Business Systems Manager is to build a robust, productive, and responsive team while fostering a collaborative relationship with ecobee’s business stakeholders, which include Operations, Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support. In this role you will:
- Manage a team that collaborates closely with enterprise stakeholders to understand their business needs and deliver solutions.
- Clearly set, document, and communicate your team’s priorities, ensuring enterprise stakeholders have a clear picture of the team’s work.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to manage solutions implementation, testing, training and support.
- Identify opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of ecobee’s business systems, with an eye toward costs savings and reduction of manual effort through automation.
- Think ahead of ecobee’s current business needs and build solutions which will scale and support the future.
- Build open, positive, and productive relationships with enterprise stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You have a technical background and proven experience in one or more of the following areas: software/systems development, systems administration, business analysis, logistics, or systems integration.
- You have proven experience working with enterprise stakeholders representing various disciplines, such as Operations, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support.
- You have proven experience leading a team of developers, either as a technical lead, or a people manager.
- You have proven experience integrating business systems through either IPaaS, 3rd party integration providers, or custom developed solutions.
- You are familiar with NetSuite or a comparable ERP, ideally supporting financial and operational process.
- You are familiar with Salesforce.com or a comparable CRM, ideally supporting both sales and customer support functions.
- You are familiar with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud or comparable marketing automation solution.
- You have experience managing and integrating large volumes of business-critical data across various cloud platforms
- You have demonstrated success navigating cross functional organizations and creating a culture of openness and collaboration with stakeholders.
- You can speak to non-technical stakeholders in plain, business focused language. You are always mindful of the customer and focused on the success of your stakeholders.
- You are an active listener and ask questions to achieve full understanding before formulating solutions.
- Bonus Points: Experience with ecommerce, logistics, or EDI.
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests of our development team - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you we'd love to chat!
What We'll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Changes we’ve made to ensure our employees are safe: We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. In doing so, ecobee has made the decision to be a remote-first work environment until July 1st 2021.
How does this affect hiring and onboarding? Our interview and onboarding process has remained relatively the same, except that interviews and on boarding sessions are conducted through video. New employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them.
Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.