Lead Test Developer (Mobile)
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, and software professionals collaborate.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a Lead Test Developer for our fantastic Mobile QA team.
Who you are:
- You not only find problems but you provide creative solutions for solving them as well
- Enjoy interacting with multiple departments including (but not limited to) developers,
- You thrive when the challenges are outstanding and the time tight
- Have a natural sense of curiosity; always find yourself tinkering with your gadgets
- You empower people to achieve greatness
- Wherever you go, people see you as a natural leader
What you’d do:
- Own all aspects of the quality for your team
- Design the test strategies mitigating risks and maximizing product quality
- Coordinate the QA team during the release including stakeholder’s negotiation
- Design, execute and automate testing for mobile: Android and iOS
- Setup electronic test harnesses, for testing mobile, voice and visuals
- Constantly improve the skills and the test capacity of the team
- Develop people’s skills
- Create the tools necessary to do the job
- University degree or college diploma in computer science
- Proficient with Quality processes, test deliverables, Test Strategies, Test Plans and evaluating Risk Coverage
- Proven tinker experience creating software/tools/robots on your own
- Expert knowledge of mobile technologies and mobile testing
- 5+ years writing code from scratch
- 5+ years writing test cases based on minimum requirements
- 5+ years of professional Quality Assurance roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top