Lead Frontend Architect
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian consumer product company transforming the way energy is used in the home and at work. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat. Our beautifully designed products help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but also for our planet.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, and software professionals collaborate.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a Lead Frontend Architect for our Smart Buildings team. This is an exciting new team at ecobee, taking our experience in the connected home and applying it to commercial buildings – creating smarter buildings.
“Smart Buildings” are the application of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies to improve operations for building owners and property managers while providing an optimal experience for occupants of the space.
Who you are:
- Hands-on frontend application architect who excels in an agile and fast paced team environment
- Excited by the challenge and opportunity to build out and develop a new team and technology from the ground up
- Interest in managing and developing a small and agile team of developers
- Continuous learner, interested in understanding and applying new technologies to solve problems
- Work with an entrepreneurial spirit
What you’d do:
- Design and develop frontend software architecture for web applications to be used by hundreds of thousands of users with data sourced from millions of sensors in real-time
- Focus on outstanding user experience with reliability, scalability and performance as key metrics
- Hire and provide leadership for a small team of developers
- Collaborate with product management and UX designers to drive high quality products to release
- Work with Quality Assurance to support a completely automated test environment
- 5+ years of hands-on web application development experience
- Strong experience working with RESTful web services, web APIs and dynamic database driven web applications
- Experience with reactive programming, functional programming is an asset
- Interest or experience leading a small team of technical people
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Great communication skills
- Comfortable operating within an Agile environment
- Interest in Internet of Things (IoT) and related technologies
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top