Key Account Manager
- Toronto, Canada
Hi. We’re ecobee. We introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat and since then, we’ve helped millions of people transform the way they save money and conserve energy. With each new release, we introduce technology that brings the ease of automation and peace of mind to the home, allowing people to focus on the moments that matter most. We’re proud of what we’ve done so far, but we’re not about to rest with lots more on the go and big things on the horizon for us in 2020!
We're a mid-sized tech company located in the up-and-coming tech hub on the Toronto waterfront. We look to hire talented people who care deeply about our ever-changing environment and excel in their areas of unique expertise; from software and product development to marketing and sales. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting connected home revolution!
Who’ll You Be Joining:
Our Key Account Manager, Retail Sales at ecobee will the own North American customer relationships, account strategies and be the point person for all account related inquires. They champion ecobee’s brand and vision within our retailer organizations and bring the voice of the account inside ecobee.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative mindset working in close conjunction with finance, operations, channel marketing, product marketing, product development, and the broader sales team all while staying true to our business objectives and vision. You will need to possess the “Challenger Sales” mindset, always be leading with insights and matching needs with solutions in a constructive way. We are looking for a business owner, entrepreneur, challenger and collaborator!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- You will own the key account relationships with major retail partners and manage all functions of account-specific deliverables, including set sales and profit targets.
- Facilitate connections in other functional areas of the retailer in conjunction with internal stakeholders to position ecobee as a best in class partner within the connected home space.
- Demonstrate analytical and fact-based analysis supporting all recommendations and proposals with detailed analysis and sound logic.
- Be the voice of the customer internally with respect to retailer-specific needs, product input and operational efficiency.
- Develop and execute Annual Joint Business Plans with quarterly reviews and presentation internally and externally to senior management.
- Negotiates and manages trade funds to achieve retailer and company objectives by consistently measuring and enforcing optimal effectiveness and mutual value-creation.
- Works with operations to develop accurate sales forecasts and achieve specified levels of forecast accuracy as part of the budgeting process.
- Collaborates with channel marketing to optimize merchandising, promotions, training and audit executions by always challenging the status quo and keeping a continuous improvement mindset.
- Manage and maintain all weekly/monthly/annual reporting of the account including scorecards, profit and loss statements and joint business plans.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You have a degree in Business, an MBA would be an asset.
- Progressive sales experience in a customer facing environment working with national retailers in Canada and/or US.
- You have strong collaboration and teamwork skills and can work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally, you have experience in Consumer Electronics, IT or Telco account management
- Data and numbers driven, you have experience with forecasting and P&L management
- You take initiative, follows-through and is detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and comfortable within a startup and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills you are comfortable presenting and influencing people and processes
- This role may require 10-15% travel
- Just so you know: Our hired candidate will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
We've built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests of our development team - but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you we'd love to chat!
What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- The opportunity to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry that is the SmartHome and IoT space
- The visibility into a company that has an interesting mix of hardware and software consumer-facing businesses
- The ability to make an environmental impact, both in your day job and outside the 9-5 with programs like ecobee acts!
- Opportunities to learn and grow with our in-house learning enablement team, #ThinkLab and a generous professional learning budget
- A progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top up or 5 bonus days off) for all full-time employees taking Parental Leave
- Stock in the company as we approach #1 in the Smart Home industry!
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.
ecobee believes all people have equal value and we are committed to providing a safe space for everyone. We welcome all applicants with diverse races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, etc. and we will provide accommodation to all applicants throughout our hiring process.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Back to top