Key Account Manager
We’re ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
We invented the world’s first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. We know that ideas come from everywhere and our collaborative team encourages innovation. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day-in and day-out.
We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive!
Our Key Account Manager, Retail Sales at ecobee will own customer relationships, account strategies and be the point person for all account related inquires. They champion ecobee’s brand and vision within our retailer organizations and bring the voice of the account inside ecobee.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative mindset working in close conjunction with product, channel marketing, finance, operations and other sales channels while staying true to our business objectives and vision. You will need to possess the “Challenger Sales” mindset, always be leading with insights and matching needs with solutions in a constructive way. We are looking for a business owner, entrepreneur, challenger and collaborator!
Some of the cool stuff you’d be working on:
- You will own the key account relationship and manage all functions of account-specific deliverables, including set sales and profit targets.
- Facilitate connections in other functional areas of the retailer in conjunction with internal stakeholders to position ecobee as a best in class partner within the connected home space.
- Demonstrate analytical and fact-based analysis supporting all recommendations and proposals with detailed analysis and sound logic.
- Be the voice of the customer internally with respect to retailer-specific needs, product input and operational efficiency.
- Develop and execute Annual Joint Business Plans with quarterly reviews and presentation internally and externally to senior management.
- Negotiates and manages trade funds to achieve retailer and company objectives by consistently measuring and enforcing optimal effectiveness and mutual value-creation.
- Works with operations to develop accurate sales forecasts and achieve specified levels of forecast accuracy as part of the budgeting process.
- Collaborates with channel marketing to optimize merchandising, promotions, training and audit executions by always challenging the status quo and keeping a continuous improvement mindset.
- Manage and maintain all weekly/monthly/annual reporting of the account including scorecards, profit and loss statements and joint business plans.
Who You Are:
- You have a degree in Business, an MBA would be an asset.
- 5+ years sales experience in a customer facing environment working with national retailers in Canada and/or US.
- You have strong collaboration and teamwork skills and can work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally, you have experience in Consumer Electronics, IT or Telco account management
- Data and numbers driven, you have experience with P&L management and analysis
- You take initiative, follows-through and is detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and comfortable within a startup and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills you are comfortable presenting and influencing people and processes
- This role may require 10-15% travel
- Just so you know: Our hired candidate will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
What we are offering:
- Truly meaningful work that affects our planet
- A unique field in hardware/software interaction – easy to share the product with friends and family!
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
- Frequent Town Halls for company transparency
- Get in early at a growing (private) company with stock options
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Back to top