Junior Product Manager
We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we are home to more than 200 multi-disciplined individuals that act on their genuine concern for the environment, while excelling in their areas of unique expertise – from hardware and product development to marketing and accounting.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is specifically looking for new member on the Product Team – a team that has set out to be the best Product Team in the world! Candidates with the highest likelihood of success have worked as a PM at a world-class company (regardless of its size), shipping products (hardware or software) directly to consumers or small businesses.
Who you are:
- Hold a passion for developing world-class hardware and software
- Want to work with a cross-discipline Agile team of Engineers Software Developers, and Designers to help us build our next game-changing device
- Seeking an energy packed job where no two days are alike
- Making a difference by creating sustainable solutions is top of mind
What you would do:
- Product Ownership: Work with Senior product manager to help decide what to build, create and maintain a prioritized product backlog, and decide what is ready to ship to customers.
- Generative Research (Ethnography): Deeply understanding our target customers and their needs.
- Team work: Working closely with hardware and software engineering teams to deliver features and product within the stated timelines
- Project Management: Maintain program schedule, organize team meetings and help facilitate team discussions
- Validation: Working with prototypes and beta devices to ensure what the team has built will be an amazing experience.
- Launch: Collaborating with Marketing and Customer Service on launch-related activities.
- In-Market Optimization: Further developing your product to optimize and respond to the needs of customers.
- 1-2 years of experience as a Product Owner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering
- Co-op / Internships / Personal projects building hardware or software products in Consumer, Industrial, or Commercial environments
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top