Hi! We’re ecobee. We’re pioneers and innovators in the fast-emerging Connected Home and the Internet of Things industries. ecobee products are beautifully designed and incredibly smart. They connect to the Internet and help automate your home all while saving energy and money. We’re headquartered in Toronto and play on an international scale. We’re growing. In fact, we’re growing really fast. And, we’re looking for great people to join our hive.
We are looking to grow our Web Application team by adding another Front End Developer!
Our team is based around constantly learning by sharing new ideas, evaluating other frameworks and exploring concepts. We decide on the direction we take in terms of technology and implementation. Each member is free to choose their own tools for development. We have a relaxed view on coding style allowing for individual expression. Everyone has a voice and every opinion is valued. Our team firmly believes in a thoughtful and well-planned development cycle and we live by iterate, refactor, rewrite. In other words, no throwing code over the fence.
Who you are:
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks & libraries
- Believe that SPAs are awesome
- Can’t resist the urge to fix bad user experiences when they are encountered
What you would do:
- Develop and implement cross-browser/cross-platform web user interfaces.
- Champion quality and engineering practices so that our app is best-in-class quality
- Comfortable with code reviews, unit test, and CI/CD
- The opportunity to actively impact a product used by hundreds of thousands of people
- Maintain code using source control management tools (On Github, or others).
- Work with Cross-Functional teams (UI/UX designer, PM, QA) to create mockups, prototypes and proof of concepts.
- 3+ years of experience developing interactive web applications
- Knowledge of modern client-side frameworks, such as React or VueJS
- Experience calling out to backends run by other teams, i.e. using RESTful web services and APIs
- Experience with Reactive programming and functional programming is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as experience working independently
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top