Hi! We’re ecobee. We’re pioneers and innovators in the fast-emerging Connected Home and the Internet of Things industries. ecobee products are beautifully designed and incredibly smart. They connect to the Internet and help automate your home all while saving energy and money. We’re headquartered in Toronto, and play on an international scale. We’re growing. In fact, we’re growing really fast. And, we’re looking for great people to join our hive.
We are looking to grow our Web Application team by adding another Front End Developer!
Our team is based around constantly pushing each other to learn new ideas, new frameworks and concepts. We decide on the direction we take in terms of technology and implementation. Each member is fee to choose their own tools for development. We have a relaxed view on coding style allowing for individual expression and style. Everyone has a voice and every opinion is valued. Our team firmly believes in a thoughtful and well planned development cycle and we live by: iterate, refactor, rewrite. In other words, no throwing code over the fence.
- Champions quality and engineering practices so that app is best-in-class quality, specifically - conducts code reviews, unit test, DRY, TDD, CI and debugs application code, and provides recommendations for improvements Suggest ways to incorporate automation into the agile process).
- Maintain code using source control management tools (Git).
- Work with Cross-Functional teams (UI/UX designer, PM, QA) to create mockups, prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering or equivelent experience
- 3 + years of industry experience developing interactive web applications
- Strong object oriented design and coding skils with knowledge of data structures and design patterns
- Knowledge of Node JS, CSS, es2015/2016, taskrunners
- Experience using RESTful web services, APIs and dynamic database driven web applications i.e. S.P.A.s
- Experience with Reactive programming, functional programming is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks & libraries
Nice to Have...
- Knowledge of Home Automation, Internet of Things and HVAC are a plus
- Experience in mobile development
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top