We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. In the past year, ecobee has become, the highest-rated thermostat online, and won rave reviews from consumers and media alike—not to mention doubled in size. And we’re just getting started.
We are innovators in the fast-emerging connected home and IoT industries and are home to more than 200 multi-disciplined individuals that act on their genuine concern for the environment while excelling in their areas of unique expertise – from software and product development to marketing and accounting.
We are looking to grow our Mobile Development team by adding another iOS Developer! Our current team of five are bright developers using the latest technologies (SWIFT) at ecobee when they aren't working on personal projects.
Who you are:
- Interested in learning new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks & libraries.
- Seeking a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Wanting to contribute to the growth of our team by providing coaching to junior developers
- Looking for a feel-good attitude towards your application, knowing you are doing environmentally focused work by saving energy costs across North America
What you would do:
- Collaborate with the development team, project managers, and subject matter experts in evaluating requirements and designing effective, transformative solutions
- Live in Github creating pull requests, reviewing code, merging branches, and generally be a great team player by seeking out and providing feedback
- Collaborate, engage in design/architecture discussions, and share your ideas while building the next generation of features
- Translate business requirements into technical design specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering
- 3+ years of industry experience developing mobile Apps
- An impressive iOS project (or several) in the app store
- Strong experience with Objective-C/Swift and Auto Layout
- Experience designing and building user interfaces for both iPhones and iPads
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
- Very strong OOP skills
- Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top