Hi! We’re ecobee. We’re pioneers and innovators in the fast-emerging Connected Home and the Internet of Things industries. ecobee products are beautifully designed and incredibly smart. They connect to the Internet and help automate your home all while saving energy and money. We’re headquartered in Toronto, and play on an international scale. We’re growing. In fact, we’re growing really fast. And, we’re looking for great people to join our hive.
We are looking to grow our Mobile Development team by adding another iOS Developer! Our current team of four are bright developers using the latest technologies (SWIFT) at ecobee when they aren't working on personal projects. Some perks here include working from home twice a week, flexible office hours as a whole, in a relaxed atmosphere and a feel good attitude towards your application, knowing you are doing environmentally focused work, and saving energy costs across North America!
- Collaborate with the development team, project managers, and subject matter experts in evaluating requirements and designing effective, transformative solutions
- Live in Github creating pull requests, reviewing code, merging branches, and generally be a great team player by seeking out and providing feedback
- Contribute to the growth of our team by providing coaching to junior developers
- Collaborate, engage in design/architecture discussions, and share your ideas while building the next generation of features
- Translate business requirements into technical design specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering
- 3+ years of industry experience developing mobile Apps
- An impressive iOS project (or several) in the app store
- Strong experience with Objective-C/Swift and Auto Layout
- Experience designing and building user interfaces for both iPhones and iPads
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
- Very strong OOP skills
- Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
Nice to Have...
- Knowledge of Home Automation, Internet of Things and HVAC are a plus
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top