We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. Our beautifully designed devices help reduce energy waste and carbon emissions. So, they aren’t just smart for our users—but for our planet too.
To keep that creativity and innovation going, we offer a flexible and multidisciplinary environment where designers, hardware engineers, and software professionals collaborate.
Our hive, headquartered in Toronto is growing quickly and we are specifically looking to grow our Mobile Development team by adding another iOS Developer. Our current team of four are bright developers using the latest technologies (SWIFT) at ecobee when they're not working on personal projects.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about learning new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks & libraries.
- Looking to join a multi-disciplinary team where you can have impact and ownership of your product
- Looking for a feel-good attitude towards your application, knowing you are doing environmentally focused work by saving energy costs across North America
What you would do:
- Collaborate with the development team, project managers, and domain experts in evaluating requirements and crafting effective, transformative solutions
- Live in Github building pull requests, reviewing code, merging branches, and generally be a standout colleague by seeking out and providing feedback
- Contribute to the growth of our team by providing mentorship to junior developers
- Collaborate, engage in design/architecture discussions, and share your ideas while building the next generation of features
- Translate business requirements into technical design specifications
- years of industry experience developing mobile Apps
- An impressive iOS project (or several) in the app store
- Strong experience with Objective-C/Swift and Auto Layout
- Experience crafting and building user interfaces for both iPhones and iPads
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
- Very strong OOP skills
- Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as work independently
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with multiple concurrent priorities
Are you the one we’re looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Meet Some of ecobee's Employees
Lead Front-end Architect
Alan works to empower and lead the Front-end Team as they tackle technical problems, making decisions about the technical direction that has a direct impact on the UX.
Back to top