Hi. We’re ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware and software company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. In the past year, ecobee has become the highest-rated thermostat online, and won rave reviews from consumers and media alike—not to mention doubled in size. And we’re just getting started.
We are innovators in the fast-emerging connected home and IoT industries and are home to more than 300 multi-disciplined individuals that act on their genuine concern for the environment while excelling in their areas of unique expertise – from software and product development to marketing and accounting.
Our finance team is looking for a Financial Analyst to join the team. You are a dedicated finance professional with an eye for detail and a commitment for excellence, ready to join a growing organization. You will be a key contributor to timely and accurate revenue recognition and financial reporting.
Ways you can contribute day one:
- Understand, record and manage revenue and deferred revenue recognition schedules for multiple types of sales arrangements
- Be a key member in driving the implementation of automated financial processes
- Assist various members of the finance team with the coordination and execution of ad-hoc projects
- Help manage the implementation of new streams of revenue in line with IFRS 15
- Be the reliable go-to team member to help on whatever is required to support a world class Finance team at ecobee
Who You Are:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting is strongly preferred
- Pursuit or desire to pursue CPA designation is an added benefit
- 1+ years of professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and financial principles
- Ability to understand, manage and calculate detailed deferred revenue schedules for multiple types of sales arrangements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Being comfortable with NetSuite or any advanced ERP would be great!
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company, personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that affects our planet
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we need? If so, we would love to hear from you.
ecobee is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
Back to top